Who doesn’t want to look slim in their swimsuit? No matter the season! But mostly, coming out of winter into those warmer months.
Yes, that’s two hands up for us!
So here are 7 tips to look slim all year round in your swimsuit:
- Buy bigger – A common mistake is to go too small, especially with bikini or tankini bottoms. (Don’t be distressed if you need a larger size – swimwear often runs a size or two smaller than streetwear).
- Brighten up gradually – Although dark-skinned women can wear bold colours right away, paler types should start summer with a neutral colour like mocha or chocolate (less stark than black), working up to brighter shades as they get some sun.
- Accentuate the positive – Put colour and pattern where you want attention, dark solids where you don’t.
- Know your body – Each figure type imposes its own limits. Some helpful innovations: bikini tops with fixed cups (like a T-shirt bra for the beach) to support larger breasts, one-pieces with cut-away backs – they cover the stomach but look like sexy two-pieces from the behind.
- Psych up for trying on – Shop in the morning, on a relatively empty stomach; avoid bloat-prone days. Self-tanning beforehand makes you feel more confident, and the arms and legs look slimmer.
- Don’t rush – Block out a few hours for shopping, and try on at least 10 swimsuits. If the changing room doesn’t have a three-way mirror, leave.
- Explore online options – Make sure the website has free returns so you can order several swimsuits and sizes without risk – essentially, your home becomes your changing room.
To discover more health tips and tricks, you can head to our health section here.