Today is World Chocolate Day (woohoo) so in order to celebrate, I’m sharing the easiest and most delicious chocolate mousse recipe in the world.
Yasss, that’s right! I’m talking about my creamy [dream-like] chocolate heaven-on-a-spoon [delectable] mousse.
Actually before I go any further with this post … *Full Disclosure* this isn’t my recipe. It’s actually one of Matt’s fave dessert recipes [Matt is my partner for those that don’t know]. One that we typically make together, but on occasion he surprises me with a ready-made chocolate mousse ramekin, post dinner.
So anyway, in my opinion, this dessert packs the perfect punch of chocolate. And it’s homemade…which in my books, makes a world of difference!
Although, if you’re not a chocolate lover, then it’s best that we part ways right now. LOL – only joking!
But seriously, this is such a simple mid-week dessert recipe. And best of all, it takes less than 15 minutes to make. Although it does need to set in the fridge for a further 60 minutes (at minimum).
- 300g Cooking Chocolate (good quality)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Muscovado Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder (good quality)
- 500ml Thickened Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Extract (good quality)
- 1 Heatproof Bowl
- 1 Saucepan
- 2 Large Bowls
- 1/4 Measuring Cup
- 1 Tablespoon
- 1/2 Teaspoon
- 6 Ramekins
- Electric Beater (or a handheld whisker)
- 1 Large Spoon
How To Prepare:
- Gently simmer some water in saucepan and place 300g of cooking chocolate in a heatproof bowl on top. Stir chocolate until it’s melted. Set aside.
- Place the eggs and caster sugar into a separate bowl and beat together using an electric mixer. Or, in my case we just use our handheld whisker (Julia Childs style).
- Add cocoa powder and mix together.
- Fold in cooled chocolate until all ingredients are combined smoothly.
- In another separate bowl, whip 300g of the thickened cream. Again, you can use an electric beater or a handheld beater but whichever way you choose, make sure that the mixture is not over whipped. It should be thick but not fluffy.
- Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture and stir together until it’s blended nicely.
- Pour the mixture into individual ramekin dishes.
- Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- In another bowl, add the spare 200g of cream along with 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla bean extract and whip together until fluffy.
- Add vanilla bean cream on top of the chocolate mousse ramekins and serve chilled.
And there you have it! The easiest and most delicious chocolate mousse recipe in the world.
So how are you celebrating World Chocolate Day? Will you be making something homemade? If so, please feel free to share your recipes in the comments below! After all, sharing is caring!
🎥 Subscribe to my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFashionCatalyst
📷 Follow me on Instagram: https://instagram.com/fashioncatalyst
👍 Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFashionCatalyst/
💬 Stay up to date on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fashioncatalyst
📌 Get inspired on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com.au/fashioncatalyst/
💌 Business inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicky began her career writing fashion, lifestyle and music related articles for a diverse range of print and digital media outlets. Shortly thereafter – upon discovering that a vast majority of the fashion industry were being out-shadowed by the commercial conglomerates of the world – Vicky (who equally grew tired of having no creative freedom herself) set out to create her own digital publishing platform that focused on promoting the incredible talents of all creatives within the fashion industry. Which is how The Fashion Catalyst began in 2009.