• 1 tbs olive oil
• 425 g skinless chicken thigh, (500g), fat trimmed, thickly sliced
• 2 tbs plain flour
• 2 tsp mustard powder
• 1 whole leek, thinly sliced
• 125 g Weight Watchers Bacon, thinly sliced
• 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, crushed
• 3 medium carrot, thickly sliced
• 540 g potato, cut into 2cm pieces
• 1 tbs fresh tarragon, finely chopped
• 3 cup(s) chicken stock
• 2 tbs reduced-fat cream
• 70 g English spinach
• Heat half the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Combine f lour and mustard powder in a small bowl. Add chicken to flour mixture and toss to coat, shaking off excess. Cook chicken, in batches, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
• Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add leek and bacon and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek has softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
• Return chicken to pan with carrot, potato, tarragon and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 45–50 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through. Add cream and spinach and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until spinach has just wilted. Serve.
• SERVE WITH: Weight Watchers ProPoints value steamed zucchini and broccolini, plus a slice of crusty bread, such as sourdough. Remember to track the ProPoints values for a 30g slice of sourdough.
Recipe care of Weight Watchers.